VFW Symbol The VFW Post 9473 History. VFW Symbol

The Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 9473 is very proud of the tradition and history of this Post.
VFW Post 9473 Charter
Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 9473 was officially established on December 9th, 1953 with 70 members listed on the original Charter. On the 24th of April, 1973 VFW Post 9473 was granted a Perpetual charter.

The VFW Post 9473 Ladies Auxiliary was granted a charter, February 7th, 1960 with 21 members listed.

The Men's Auxiliary was established December 29th, 2004 with 26 members listed on the charter.
VFW Post 9473 M47 Patton
The vehicle in front of the Post is a M47 Patton Tank. The M47 Patton was the second tank of the Patton series, and one of the U.S Army's principal medium battle tanks of the "Cold War" with models in service from the early 1950s to the late 1980s. The tank belongs to the Patton family of tanks, named after General George S. Patton, commander of the U.S. Third Army during World War II and one of the earliest American advocates for the use of tanks in battle. It was a further development of the M46 Patton tank. For a list of other armored vehicles on display, please click here.
If you have information/content for the Post regarding the Post or past events, please contact the VFW Post 9473 Post Historian.

Validated by HTML Validator (based on Tidy) Valid CSS!
Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 9473
1420 S. Waggoner Road, Reynoldsburg, OH 43068
(614) 861-3891
Major Site Updates: 10 August, 2013.